Tuesday, October 20, 2009
I am so excited with this one. It took all of like 20 minutes to make, but now I am having second thoughts on the black bias tape. It blends in with her shirt. So, I might be back at it this afternoon :) The ruffled bottom was sooooo easy to make. If anyone wants one, let me know! I have enough left to make one more dress! And I am going to make a contrasting doll dress (with the orange fabric. But... back to my pink bathroom. I ran out before lunch to get more DIF gel to strip that wallpaper and I better get at it before the princess' nap is over!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Well, it's a start. I am taking down the paper and painting before Saturday. Ugh, this bathroom it my nightmare. I was going to tile the tub all the way up, until I looked and I think the spout is part of that metal plate on the wall... ummm... and there is no pull for the shower. So... we have to replace all of that hardware. I am thinking it will be cheaper and easier to buy an all-in-one shower wall. Ugh. I wish someone would help me with this project. I might call a plumber for the stuff I can't do. I am so sick of taking baths, it's just gross. I ran out of wallpaper remover, so I will have to get more and finish taking it all down tomorrow evening. Then I will tear up the carpet WOOHOO!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
I was so excited last month to be swapping again I didn't even notice the challenge.. haha. Jess always has a challenge or more for our pages and they are always optional... This month's secret ingredient was ONIONS! We looove onions here, so that was exciting! I had the crockpot category. I got an awesome new slowcooker last Christmas from my mom and have been crockpot obsessed ever since. I made this yummy Southern Chicken & Dumplings while Allison was visiting and she even liked it.
I used Bazzil and Martha Stewart cardstock. My dp is by SU! (I bought tons last fall when I was still a demo). The stamps are all by SU! (except the swirl... that's Autumn Leaves) and the ink. The eyelets came with my crop-a-dile and the tab punch is SU!. Oh, the leaf punch was one I got from Amanda's boss in her big box of supplies she gave me when she quit scrapbooking, lol.
The challenge was to use the Halloween theme without using orange, black, purple, or green as the main colors...and without it being spooky!! Another challenge was to use eyelets, fibers and something transparent. I did use eyelets, but felt anything else on my page would be overkill. I made my own pumpkin template using paint to cut out my recipes.
I am so in love with this whole page... it makes me happy. I was excited to photograph it next to Ella's first pumpkin. Hope everyone loves it as much as I do... such an easy and yummy recipe for fall!!!!