Friday, August 7, 2009

Iron Chef Swap... CUPCAKES!

I was so excited to start unpacking my paper crafting supplies this past week!!! I still have about half in storage, but I am going to sneak them over ASAP. I keep finding goodies I didn't realize I had, and OH MY WORD do I have a lot of stamps!!! I haven't had them all out since last October so it will be overwhelming when I do.
Anyway, I used to participate in a monthly Iron Chef 6X6 recipe swap, hosted by one of my best paper crafting friends, Jessica in Kansas (her blog is listed on my blog list!). Instead of a secret ingredient this month, our theme was CUPCAKES (how incredibly cute!). I have a few cupcake stamps, but chose this acrylic stamp that came in a way cute set by Inkadinkado.
I used some Bazzil, Martha Stewart and SU! cardstock... and the patterned paper is by EK Success. Oh, and that little swirl? It's my most favorite little swirl, from SU!'s Season of Joy set. I use that little thing in far too many projects!
Anyway, here's the first recipe card project I've attempted in months....




I decided on Matcha cupcakes after all. I wanted to do the Green Velvet Recipe I found... yet I just could not. I've been going green lately and won't add food coloring to my baked goods... unless it is natural! Matcha is a powdered green tea, it can be found at oriental specialty stores or health-food shops... or online!

No comments: